Table of Contents
MSD I: Readiness to move to Build & TestThe main action items to be completed from the Detailed Design Review include:
- Adjust budget to reflect Molex SL connectors instead of using the KK series.
- Project budget needed to include PCB manufacturing at Advanced Circuits along with multiple runs of PCBs and multiple component populations.
- General Wiring is only allotted $25. This includes wires needed for Molex/other connectors along with extended ribbon cables for the RasPi cameras. The exact cost in unsure at this time.
- PCB manufacturing costs from Advanced Circuits are
- Fitting two Host boards on one 30square-inch panel.
- Fitting five Pi HATs and three GRSS boards on one 30square-inch panel.
- Not needing a second run of PCBs.
- PCB exposed pad finish is NOT immersion gold.
- PCB component costs are based on:
- Having one complete spare set of components per subsystem (Host, Pi HAT, GRSS)
- Does not include any extra passives.
- Final budget assumes that the NTSC camera selected works with the current ATV system (pending camera shipping and brief prototyping).
- Given the above comments, the following extended
budget can be calculated based on these conditions:
- increasing wiring budget by +$25
- a second run of all PCBs: +($66 x 2) +(unknown cost of Immersion Gold finish)
- a full assembly of one more PCB per subsystem: +($70 + $31 + $50) for Host, GRSS, and Pi HAT respectively
- needing to prototype another NTSC camera: +$20
- Subtotal = $328 + cost of Immersion Gold PCB finish
- Adjusting for shipping +($10 x 2) for PCBs and +$15 for Digi-key component order
- Total = $363 + cost of Immersion Gold PCB finish