Table of Contents
Team Vision for System-Level Design Phase
What did our team plan to do during this phase?
- Functional Decomposition, Benchmarking, Morphological Chart and Concept Development, Feasibility, Concept Selection, Systems Architecture, Designs, Risk Analysis update and Phase III plans
What did our team actually do during this phase?
- We completed what we planned during this phase and additionally: Selection Criteria, CAD Models, Current State, Met with customer to brainstorm concepts, Initial Bill of Materials
Problem Statement (Recap)Current State
- The basic robot frame has begun the initial stages of being built while the current mode of control once operational is still being selected
- The mechanical team is in the design and benchmarking phases of selecting an attachment method between the rover and the robot shovel.
- The electrical team is determining the feasibility of battery operation and benchmarking different types and sizes of batteries for system power
- The robot should remove shingles from the roof with minimal user interaction or at the very least allow the user to remotely control the robot from a safe place on the ground.
- The robot prototype should be fully operational and safe to use.
- Provide a working prototype robot that is remotely controlled by a user from the ground.
- Robot will have a handle and be portable enough for a roofer to carry it up a ladder.
- Demonstrate the working prototype at Imagine RIT on May 6th, 2017.
- Provide complete documentation of design, build, and test process.
Design Review Materials
Notes and feedback from review:
- Create timing diagram to shingle removal process
- Update Risk Analysis to include integration concerns
- Update Team Gantt Chart to be more specific, less ambiguous(6 key things we need to accomplish this phase)
- Fill out and submit Peer Evaluations