Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep Phase
During this phase, our team was focused on building and testing subsystems. We finished prototyping the main electrical board, then soldered a final board together that will be used on the bike.There was also multiple design changes to the pulleys used. Once redesigned the parts were machined and mounted to the bike. We did a great deal of coding as well and got further along with a few different sections of the code.
The AE class has also been making progress. We have finished the customer discovery stage and are now starting to research current bike companies financial structures. We will soon be starting the paper that will describe a business model for our suspension design.
Phase SummaryThe team has run in to many problems during this phase which has resulted in a delay of testing. For example the pulley system that was originally designed was not strong enough and the belts would slip. This required us to redesign our system. On the electrical side, the PCB machine was nonoperational and too much time was spent on fixing it. With the PCB not developed, the circuit could not be tested in different conditions.
Summarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements
A link to the live document containing the completed test plans here
- Evaluate how well the test plan was able to confirm satisfaction of subsystem and system requirements
Electrical Main Board Fabricationhere
ResultsAll subsystems met slight delays which resulted in a loss of system integration and furthermore, delayed testing. However, we were still able to get a large portion of each subsystem complete and have a rough integration of subsystems. The electrical components are almost all wired. The computer coding section has made progress with different sections of code. The mechanical section has the majority of the parts machined and attached to the bike.
Risk and Problem TrackingThe Risk Management Chart was reviewed, however no new risks were determined, since this phase was primarily building and implementing designs.
A link to the live document containing the Risk Assessment Chart here
The problem our team has been tracking was to troubleshoot and redesign the front and rear pulleys. The mechanical team ended up using a slightly different design involving a plug and a set screw, resulting in both pulleys now securely fastening to the servos.
A link to the live document containing the Problem Tracking Chart here
Plans for next phase
Individual 3 Week GoalsEach member of the team has mapped out their goals and tasks for the next three week phase of the MSD 2 project. Individual plans are listed below
- Individual three week plan for Andrew Lints
- Individual three week plan for Zachary Law
- Individual three week plan for Devin Cooley
- Individual three week plan for Lorenzo Nunez
- Individual three week plan for Kristina Shillieto
- Individual three week plan for Nemanja Drobnjak