Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffGoals:
- Revise the machine to fix problems indicated in the first wet wind
- Wind a 2 ply (+/- 45) to prove the machine in
- Test first manufactured tube and compare with customer expected results
- Finish Technical Paper
- Create Video for Imagine RIT
- Finish User Manual
- Wind multi layer tube to create first production prototype
- Revised the machine to include a new resin bath, dip roller, payout eye location, longer mandrel
- Machine revisions eliminated most problems identified in the first winding test.
- Tested first manufactured tube to 1937 in-lbs (within 3% of customer goal strength of 2000 in-lbs)
- Technical Paper Finished and Turned In
- Looping video created for Imagine RIT that brought plenty of buzz to our exhibit
- User manual at 100% complete state
- Machined stalled 1/3 of the way in to winding of second layer of part and run was aborted (5/3 test)
- Machine continued to slip in final test on 5/13 and the results were documented.
Performance vs. Requirements
Risk and Problem Tracking
- The risk table has been updated. The sum score for the risk items is 30.5. The bulk of this score comes from the lack of shielding for the electronics.
- Update your problem tracking.
On May 3, we attempted to wind a four ply tube. Here are the notes from that test.
The high level takeaways from the test are as follows:
The resin no longer spills onto any vital components.
The payout eye has been moved closer and enables winding of much larger parts.
The wipers return most of the excess resin to the bath, driving the required refilling frequency down.
The crossfeed encounters belt slipping beyond 2/3 of the way down the slide.
On May 13th, another test was run with increased motor current, increased belt tension and smoother spool rotation. Slipping occurred. Below is a link to a playlist containing multiple video angles of the tests.
Final Project Documentation
The user manual can be found here .
The final technical paper can be found here .
- Increase belt tension and sweep crossfeed speed range to isolate stalling problem - complete
- Finish run section of User Manual - complete
- Make final updates to part drawings and BOM - complete
- Perform a final self audit to ensure all documentation is completed - complete
- Hold handover session with Dr. Ghonheim - complete
Notes: Ghonheim Handoff
- Hold handover session with FSAE Composite team members - complete
Notes: FSAE Handoff
- Hold Gate Review (5/18)
Ideas for a follow on ProjectCovered in detail in the attached document.
|Admin||Mechanical Design||Electrical Design||Assembly/Integration||Documentation|