Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test Phase
Our team sought to further develop our individual subsystems and begin the process of combining them. Once the subsystems were tested and verified independently from one another, the process of combining them should proceed much more smoothly.
During this phase, subsystems were tested/verified, and/or altered due to new information gathered which delayed the integration of these systems.
Test Results Summary
Leg Load Testing
- Three attempts to perform the Leg Load Test Plan was performed on a single leg prototype
- First failure at 5 lb load, hinge support failed and needed to be reinforced. Two layers of material laminated onto hinge supports.
- Second test and failure at about 8 lb, failure on shaft of bone right under cap due to load being transferred over small area. Caps extended along sides of bone to reinforce weak point.
- Third test and failure at about 9 lb, failure on shaft of bone right under cap on the sides that are not reinforced. Also major leaking, especially around the through wall connector.
- Bones need to be re-designed to remove weak points and to prevent leaks. Also a new glue.
- New design includes new cap that has extensions to run down sides of bone shaft
- New glue found and tested that is much stronger and cures much much faster
- Second glue found and tested that adheres to both vinyl and plastic connectors