Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test Phase
- Created dead lines for all subsystems for rest of MSD2 time line
- Start test plans
Test Plan/Results SummarySummarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements
Xbox Controller Connection
The above image is a test that was conducted to test the connection between the Xbox controller and the Arduino which was used to turn on and off the solenoid shown.
These preliminary subsystem test plans were designed to assess the effectiveness of selected components in order to demonstrate the satisfaction of the engineering requirements. They will also ensure that our part integration for the system design is on track to meet the previously stated customer requirements. The implementation of these tests is pending due to waiting for some key components.
All Test PlansTest Plan Spreadsheet
Sub System Build Update
Current status of efforts to manufacture subsystem components, such as the bones and muscles
- New quality cut out guides for cutting the fabric have been laser cut
- New forming molds have been created to assist in gluing and forming bones
- Leg Prototype has been modified with "Ligaments" and hinge supports at both ends. Leg prototype is ready for leg load bearing test.
- Four bones are currently being manufactured in parallel.
Risk and Problem Tracking
We have $122.10 left of our $1200 budget. We have plans to spend another $30 for mechanical components. The rest of the budget is a buffer for other unforseen purchase needs.