Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
MSD I Post-Mortem
- Know when something is "good enough"
- Have a back-up plan for everything
High Voltage Connections
Note: Added in polycarbonate material to cover high voltage connections in order to meet ER20 (also FH rule)
Battery Box Isolation
After reviewing rules with GM Mentor, discovered that the "isolation" material was not rated correctly for use in the battery box. This was re-sourced and added to the BOM.
Potential Modifications Pending Testing
- Thicker layer of membrane OR different material (testing this week)
- Larger fans (purchasing both)
For full excel sheet, click here.
Total spent: $332.05
Total in process: $269.54
Grand Total: $601.63
Rest of ordering will take place this week!
Note: Does not include velcro or posts (will be sourced and added to BOM this week).
Assembly Process Complete
Unable to begin assembly process due to customer. See Project Plan section.
We have decided to utilize Google Sheets for tracking of our test plans. This allows the document to be up-to-date at all times. Click here to view our Component Test Plans.
Risk & Problem Management
Risk ManagementFull document available here.
Note: No changes this phase. Expected to eliminate Risk #3, 7, and 11 in next phase.
Team using Google Sheets for problem management tracking.
MSD II Project PlanFull view available here.
This Week's Goals
- Finish placing all orders
- Cut out battery box panels with vents and holes for fans
- Drill mounting holes in controller heat sink
- Perform test plans: S1, S2, S3, S6, S10
Next Week's Goals
- Machine isolation material
- Machine posts and lid for heat sink
- Perform test plans: S9, part of S15