Integrated System Build & Test with Customer Demo
Table of Contents
Team Vision for System Level Demo with Customer
- We planned to begin testing of the Latch subsystem, begin documentation work, and work on wire management.
- Arduino code for the Latch subsystem showed promising results although there is still a current draw issue we are currently working out. Draft of the user manual has begun using overleaf. Wire management was discussed with Dr. Richmond and a plan is in place to begin the installation of the mats.
Test Results Summary
Latch Arm Build
Fully assembled latch arm metallic components
Stepper Motor Mount
Stepper Motor Wire Hook
Stepper Motor Wire Feed Loop
Stepper Motor Wire Spool
- Models above are in the process of being 3-D printed for attachment to the main arm build for full assembly.
- A 3-D printed version of the arm may soon be in process to lower arm weight and to have a copy to demonstrate during Imagine RIT if necessary.
Latch Arm Testing
Latch Demo Setup
Data Results of Pressure Sensor Test
- From the above results the Arduino Uno of the Latch Mechanism Control Box can be calibrated so that when the analog reading falls in one of the three intervals it will output the status of the Slit of Fully Closed, Partially Open or Fully Open.
LabView FileLabView code
Front panel has been redone for easier readability and basic shutter control has been added.
InstructionsUser Manual Draft
Updates of the Latch Mechanism Control Box
Outside of Control Box
Outside of Control Box GIF
Updated Interior of Latch Mechanism Control Box
12 Pin Connector Connections Located on the top of the Latch Mechansim Control Box
Update of partially 3D printed updated Latch Arm
Risk and Problem Tracking
Plans for next phaseAhmed Alhurubi's Three Week Plan: Ahmed's Goals
Joe Brescia's Three Week Plan: Joe's Goals
Raymond Castro's Three Week Plan: Ray's Goals
Wilson Quizhpi's Three Week Plan: Wilson's Goals
Sarah Williams's Three Week Plan: Sarah's Goals