P17325: Automated Keg Washer/public/
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Problem Definition Phase
- Understand the function of an automated keg washer
- Differentiate between current model features and customer needs
- Develop an understanding of goals and an initial project plan
Project SummaryBeer Tree Brew Company requires a simple, cost-effective automated keg washer that is conducive to their brewing process. The device must be cheaper than current, commercial models and should prioritize functions essential to the cleaning of kegs while incorporating safety standards and retaining the reliability of commercial models. The goals of this project are to analyze current, commercial automated keg washers and the patent database to determine ways in which the device can be made simpler, more reliable, and be constructed of readily-available materials and equipment. The anticipated final result is a fully-functioning prototype capable of maintaining excellent reliability for several years, being easily reproducible and maintained, and adequately cleaning kegs according to the customer's specifications and requirements.
Project BackgroundAn automated keg washer serves the purpose of removing leftover beer and beer scale, eliminating harmful microbes, and purging oxygen from the main storage devices for beer: kegs. Commercial automated keg washers perform all these functions and more along with maintaining a high level of reliability. However, current automated keg washers are either too elaborate, too expensive, or both; they often possess costly functions that are either rarely used or simply unnecessary. Project P17325 seeks to remedy the cost and extraneous functions of most keg washers by making a simpler, cheaper version!
- Beer Tree Brew Co.
Project Goals and Key Deliverables
- A fully functional keg washer to fit within the constraints given by the customer
- Documentation of design and maintenance for life of the product
- Test procedures and analysis to back up build and design
Customer Requirements (Needs)here
Engineering Requirements (Metrics & Specifications)
Below is a preview of the Engineering Requirements Team P17325 has developed based on the agreed upon customer needs. The live document can be accessed here
- Budget: $2500
- Dimensions: 4.5' L x 3' W
- Must be mobile.
- Will not be able to perform visual inspection once in the brewery.