P17342: IC Test Bed for Electronics Lab/public/
Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffSummary:
- Handoff of design materials and documentation to customer that are complete and cohesive
- Handoff of working prototype and all unused components.
- Handed off manual, poster, detailed BOM, software is programmed, CAD of case, and prototype in current state.
- Performed and documented additional troubleshooting to determine remaining problems
Test Results SummaryUpdated test results can be found here: Test Results
Requirements versus performance can be found here: Requirements versus Performance
Risk and Problem Tracking
Final Project Documentation
- The technical paper can be found here: Technical Paper.
- The final poster can be found here: Poster.
- A final analysis can be found here: Final
- Additional troubleshooting and analysis revealed remaining problems with the current iteration of the tester.
- Problems are addressed and fixes are proposed.
- Recommendations for future work:
- Improving the tester and expanding it to IC's beyond the labs
- Creating a new tester that improves features and satisfies remaining customer requirements
- Capability needs to be extended to CD4007 and 74HC00 (troubleshooting required)
- Additional SW / HW changes needed to make auto shutoff realizable
- Current sense capabilities were removed, and could be restored
- Power supplies are not capable of supplying enough current during tests for other ICs, and some of the failed LM741 ICs
- Software should be implemented to make use of the comparators for battery voltage checking. A warning message to user that battery is below 20% (at 3.125 V) should be displayed. Battery is charged via USB.
- Debugging and running software on chips - need to test far more chips that are available to see why tester fails or resets on those specific problems, and implement possible solutions.
- Current isolation for tester to ensure overcurrent issues are resolved.
- Along with this further ensure chips are not damaged by tester
- Manual needs to be more comprehensive in coding and in implementations to reflect new changes and fully explain tester, but remain comprehensible.
- New parts used should remain relatively cheap and streamlined but may need more budget to implement new features - keep under new sensible $ target
- Ensuring tolerance on components
- Retaining important previous customer requirements.
Plans for Wrap-up
- As a team, what do you need to do to conclude your
- complete gate review
- complete presentations
- clean workspace
- ensure all documentation is on drive and edge.