Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhaseSummary:
- Completed full integrated PCB board and finished correcting the power supply and other issues.
- Continued to update documentation, work on case design and Arduino connection.
- Started on paper, poster.
- Fixed power system.
- PCB is done and working on testing.
- Updated some documentation but need to work on paper, poster, manual.
- Iterated case design.
- The main board was populated with remaining components.
- Power supply debug was performed a second time on the main board.
- Isolated grounds were tied together, and ground loops removed.
- The first revision of the case was printed.
- Redesign and rework followed.
- Issues were discovered when trying to communicate with multiple DACs on the same serial interface.
- A solution was created.
And Document detailing power supply changes during this portion and detailing issues and waveforms captured was created: New Details
Test Results Summary
- Test Plans can be found under: Requirements and Testing
- Each test has been checked but some will be changed
such as weight and size:
- Voltage test: Maximum voltage is verified, tester is safe to use.
- Production Cost: BOM has added significant parts total for creation ~$105 so still in range, but currently ~$90 left on total budget from $500.
- Timing tests: Insertion time done, Test time in progress, need to check turn off wait time.
- Power System: Battery power and USB verified, specific life is in datasheet and will be noted in manual.
- Physical Tests: Weight and size of board are set for now, current case is durable, these will change for final design.
- Simplicity tests: Currently simple, will improve further.
- Manual Test: Is currently Understandable, document needs to be completed fully, Config file is present and have removed extraneous info.
- Capability: In process, is safe, and parameters are in tolerance now.
- Features: Rechargeable battery succeeded, others in progress.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Plans for next phaseObjectives for next demonstration:
- Able to use board to test IC's and integrate with arduino to show results for the basic IC's in lab plus ability to implement a new IC that is not in the library via our configure file.
- Able to verify all systems are working together and are per design and changes made.
- Test plans are updated to better capture functionality. Tests are executed again if necessary to show fulfillment of requirements.
- Documentation is complete.
Individual Action Items:
- Benjamin Lane
- Continue to test and debug PCB board
- Update documentation/ manual
- Schedule final systems demo, coordinate with customer
- Brian Mesolella
- Schedule action items
- Improve test plans
- Assist with debug and documentation
- Matthew Hohman
- Testing and debugging mass interconnect
- Final BOM totals
- Assist with final documents
- Zachary Kruse
- Integrate arduino with PCB
- Complete testing with multi dac configuration
- Start full integration testing of IC's
- David Froehlich
- Assist with PCB Debugging
- Assist with DAC's
- Hamza Masood
- Finish manual and team Poster
- Assist with other documents
- Nicolas Guerrero
- Finish Final Case
- Paper, other documents