P17342: IC Test Bed for Electronics Lab/public/
Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test PhaseSummary:
- Planned to build, test, and debug subsystems.
- Prepare for the subsystem demonstration: Subsystem Demonstration
- worked on power, mass interconnect, case, and control subsystems.
- Prototype boards were populated and debugged.
- Second revision of PCB was ordered.
- Power system 5V and comparators are working
- 24V power supply has issues that will be discussed: Check problem tracking.
- Mass Interconnect, UI, Control subsystems ready for integration
- IC interface was tested prior
- Case initial design was printed but need to be redone, is durable and size and weight are okay.
Test Results Summary
- Some tests could not be performed because they evaluate the tester in its fully integrated state.
- Other tests / sub-tests were conducted and measurements were taken.
- Test results can be found here test results
- Test plans could be more focused on capturing the functionality of the tester and satisfaction of the Engineering requirements.
- Testing of +24V powersupply:
- Channel 1 is the output voltage
- Channel 2 is the voltage at the switching node
Risk and Problem Tracking
Plans for next phase
Team goals for next phase:
- New PCB should be complete and tested
- Issues should be redesigned and fixed
- A good amount near the final product, should be updated on documentation.
- An action item schedule was made: Action Item Schedule
Individual Goals:Benjamin Lane:
- Redesign of 24V / 24V fix with new parts
- Implementing and documenting comparators with the power system
- Creation / Surface mount of PCB
- Updated documentation
- Help build and debug newest PCB revision
- Update and assist with documentation
- Help build and debug new PCB
- Help develop test algorithms
- Populate new PCBs
- Troubleshoot any upcoming problems with PCB design
- Update User Manual
- Technical paper
- Assist with testing and debugging the new PCBs