Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhasePlans
For this phase we plan to do testing in the field house. This test will be important to make sure that we get the correct gain. If there is too much gain on the op-amp for one person then having a crowd will clip the signal. The other portion that we planned is get the new board. The new board will fix the issues of the old one. It is unclear if there will be any time to do testing with the new board. As for the camera portion we continue working to get the the camera and raspberry pi working together. We will track our problems using the problem tracking chart.
This phase saw many accomplishments. Testing was able to get accomplished in the field house. After the testing was done it was determined that there was too much gain. There was person across the field house and the oscilloscope was able to pick it up. This means that if there was a crowd of people, there would be no way to distinguish the level of excitement because each college would max out the op-amp. Also the new board was received and was able to be built. However only a preliminary test was done in the lab to ensure that it is working. We also were able to get the camera and the raspberry pi working together.
- Below shows the new schematic of the circuit
Test Results Summary
- Testing was able to be completed in the field house.
- The set up was hanging the microphone through the clock cage the second floor(balcony). This was done to get closer to the rafters as it will be hanging from the rafters for convocation.
- Next one person clapped from three different spots. The first was directly below(on the first floor or gym floor) the microphone. The second was in the middle of the gym. The last was in furthermost corner of the gym from the microphone.
- Also measured the ambient noise. There were some other people in the gym.
- Below show the results. All tests were taken using the old board and measured using an oscilloscope
1)Set up of test.
5)Middle of Gym
- After this testing it shows that the gain on the op-amp needs to be decreased. This has to be done because the oscilloscope was able to pick up the one clap from across the field house. Had that been a crowd of people then the signal would have been clipped.
- Also after the test it is clear that more tests need to be down.
Risk and Problem Tracking
- This phase saw many issues fixed from previous phase. New boards were built which fixed the voltage issues and the op-amp issues. While building new boards took awhile to build and cost more money it was worth it because it will make assemble easier. Not only will it be easier to build but the performance will be better due to changes of voltage to the ADC.
Plans for next phase
- Below shows the plans for the next three weeks