Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test PhasePlans
For this phase we plan to get the board back from the manufacturer and build it. We also plan on doing some initial testing with the board depending on when the board gets back. As for the camera portion we want to get the the camera and raspberry pi talking together. We will track our problems using the problem tracking chart.
This phase saw many issues. The most critical was the op-amp was not properly hooked up correctly. This caused the board not to function as desired. Another issue is that manufacturer of the PCB did not drill the correct size holes for the audio jack. There were also some minor issues that were mainly resistors and capacitors not being ordered. However after reviewing our problems we have come up with solutions. We also were able to get the camera and the raspberry pi communicating.
Test Results Summary
- We were able to get get results from the microphone and our PCB. The microphone was able to pick up a loud speaking voice from the hallway of outside the EE senior design lab. This is a positive then it will pick up a large crowd in field house.
- Next steps are focusing in on the accuracy of signal (i.e making sure we don't have two much gain that it skews the results)
- Below shows the PCB and a capture of the output signal
- There were many unforeseen issues in this phase. Below they are outlined with cause, possible solutions and the plans going forward.
- A live problem tracking table can be found here:Problem Tracking.
- The risk assessment has been reviewed and the major risk is the lost of communication. At the moment using WiFi to send the data may not be feasible due to the high number of people in the field house. The other options are using Ethernet. The concern with Ethernet is a)not have enough cable and b) the connection becomes loose. If the communication between devices is disconnected then the overall system cannot function properly.
- A live document can be found here: Risk Assessment
- Our risk assessment can be seen below:
Plans for next phase
- Below shows the plans for the next three weeks
- Overall we hope to get the ADC and microcontroller talking together so we can start testing the overall audio system