Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep Phase
During this phase we focused on our engineering requirements and how they will be tested to ensure that they are met. A test plan was generated and reflected in the project schedule below. We also considered that we will encounter problems so a process was generated to handle problems of all severity.
Test Plan Summary
Please view our test plan.
Risk and Problem Tracking
P17363 Problem Solving Procedure
- Develop a problem statement
- Problem statement should be generate with all active members trying to find a solution to issue.
- Analyze why the problem occurred
- Create list with several possibilities as to the source of the problem. Eliminating ideas as they are deemed unlikely.
- Generate potential solutions
- Entire group regardless of discipline joins together to brainstorm solution ideas for problems affecting schedule; if schedule not affected specific discipline will handle the problem
- For each problem source not eliminated in previous step, several possible solutions should be brainstormed and evaluated taking effectiveness, cost, and ease into consideration.
- Select and plan to implement the solution
- Using the solution decided on by the team or discipline, create a step by step approach to implement the plan in a time sensitive manner.
- Implement the solution
- Carefully follow the implementation strategy to ensure no other problems created through solution.
- Ensure that the solution fixed the problem
- Conduct testing to validate the solution
- Update your Risk Management
- If you have risks that have manifested themselves as problems, begin problem tracking.
Plans for next phase
- We want to have the new parts implemented and functioning to be able to begin testing.
individual 3-week plan template for this)