P17363: Player Piano/public/
Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffSummarize: During this phase the team was able to get the piano system fully integrated and finalized the design of a PCB to control the driving of solenoids. The piano is now able to play from a web browser from MIDI files loaded onto the Raspberry Pi.
ResultsThe piano was able to play MIDI files downloaded from the internet right on the Raspberry Pi
Inputs & SourceResults of system integration
- The piano is able to play songs as expected with variable tempo.
- Solenoid Drive Board
- The team finalized it design of the printed circuit board to be handed off to the next team for more simple solenoid driving. This design takes our current design and improves it using smaller and more effective components. Using Texas Instruments' Build Your Own Breakout, a LaunchPad MSP432 can plug directly into the board. This allows a much smaller footprint for solenoid driving. With the improvements made in this last stage, this board offers more safety and reliability than the previous iteration.
Outputs & DestinationFinal Documents
- Customer Requirements
- Problem Tracker
- Final Protection Circuit
- Technical Paper
- Solenoid Drive Board ZIP This file contains an archived KiCad project that contains everything needed to open, inspect and change the design files.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Final Project Documentation
- Link to technical paper here.
- Link to final poster here.
- Link to code on github here.
- Final Documents: