Table of Contents
Tasks completed in this phase
- Edited and finalized our CAD model for our project.
- Update customer with design specifications.
- Updated our testing plans, bill of materials, and feasibility analysis.
- Successful CAD model was complete.
- Arduino sensor is complete with testing on its way.
- List of materials have been decided and specific places are now being organized to buy the materials from, with quotes.
- Prepared ourselves for MSD II by creating a list of important tasks to complete the moment second semester begins, to ensure we are ahead of the curve.
Progress ReportProgress Report DDR Progress Report DDR. (click here to download).
Data Acquisition Testing
The above plot illustrates data taken from a 48 hour test using the DAQ hardware and software. The DAQ system was placed inside the compost bin and logged temperature and humidity data every 2 hours for 2 days, logging the data on an SD card. The first conclusion is that the the data system performed as intended for the extended period of time. The second conclusion is that the temperature data taken from the DHT11 and the DHT22 virtually agree and are in the correct range for ambient.
The above graph plots data taken from the same test as the temperature comparison graph. The DAQ system was used to acquire and log humidity data every 2 hours, and record the data on an SD card. The first conclusion is both of the sensors recorded reliable measurements for every data collection, and appear to have functioned as intended. The second conclusion is that the humidity sensors largely disagreed with eachother, and each sensor needs to be evaluated with a calibration. Further testing will occur where the humidity reading will be compared to a more reliable humidity sensor, and the sensor recording 'incorrect' values will be determined, and dealt with.
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
Bill of Material (BOM)Bill of Materials Bill of Materials. (click here to download).
Test Moisture Test_Moisture. (click here to download).
Test Wood Failure Test_Material. (click here to download).
Risk AssessmentRisk ManagementRisk Management.
Design Review Materials
Plans for next weekTeam Plans:
1) Order parts (hinge, castors, cedar, 2x4s, glass window)
1) JSP Three Week Plan Three Week Plan_MSDII. (click here to download).