Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Your website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original editable files).
All template text must be removed prior to your Integrated System-Level Build & Test Review
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhaseWhat team did:
- Ordered 303 Stainless Steel sheet and cut it down to size
- Cut frame of vermicompost bin out of cedar wood and joined it with wood biscuits.
- Cut cedar plywood and drilled them to the sides and back of the bin for extra layer and protection.
- Worked on temperature and humidity sensors and built a small container for the arduino to be placed in.
- Built a housing for the stainless steel rollers to rest on.
- Metal grating successfully slides forward and backward on the rollers.
- Built a demo grating to show in this design review.
- Attached steel bearings to constrict the movement of the metal grating in the axial direction (forward and backward).
Need to accomplish:
- Order glass panels and castors.
- Order extra metal sheeting for the actual grating mechanism and side sheet panels.
- Build cranking mechanism
- Join the entire project together (Finalize).
Test Results SummaryAs of now, the only testing that we were able to complete was the total measurement of the system, making sure it fit with customer specifications. The total volume encompassed by the vermi-compost bin, with the entire box glued and sealed together, is 18.5" W, 24" H, and 49 14/16" L. The testing plan to measure this shown below.
The next step will be to finished attaching the mechanism handle and then test the grating mechanism.
Risk and Problem TrackingRisk Management Risk Management.
Plans for next phaseJay Patel
Test Plan demo phase 1 Demo 3 Plan. (click here to download).