P17422: Continuous System for Black Solider Fly Composting/public/
Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseSummarize:
- Design a continuous system model that addresses our critical system problem. The critical system problem is the difficulty to remove digestate from the system without disturbing the larvae while doing so in an efficient manner. Design ideas will be implemented based on previous test results from MSD I and from the problem solving exercise at the start of MSD II.
- As a team we developed a continuous system model in SolidWorks that implements a solution to the digestate removal problem. We also updated our risks and problem tracking solutions.
Link to the solid works model.
Key Points of the Model:
- Three removable pieces: divider, filter, outer box
- Removable filter for easy cleaning and digestate removal
- Hinge to save space for digestate divider
- Different wall materials to utilize light for larvae migration
- Angled leachate collection
- Continuous leachate collection
Construction Materials that will be Required:
- Main box structure: wood with decking coating to make more durable
- Sliding divider:plastic or wood
- Filter: window screening
- Standard hinge for folding mechanism
Test Plan Summary
- Link to MSD 2 Test Plan.
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Link to Problem Tracking.
- Link to updated Risk Management.
Design Review Materials
- See below for screenshot of our updated BoM:
Plans for next phase
- Link to our MSD 2 Gantt Chart.
- See below for a screenshot of our Gantt Chart:
- See below for our individual three week plans:
- Taylor's Three Week Plan.
- Ryan's Three Week Plan.
- Erinne's Three Week Plan.