Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
- Relevant Documents
- Project Management
Team SetupBased on our given backgrounds and various discussions we have developed the following team roles and responsibilities. These will continue to change as our roles develop throughout MSD I and II.
- David Swerzenski - Team Facilitator
- Coordinate group meetings
- Take notes at meetings
- Communicate with Customers
- Michael Kist - Project Management
- Manage Scheduling and deadlines
- Facilitate communication between team members
- Update Edge website as progress is made
- Evan Oslakovich - Lead Engineer
- Manage systems design and ensure subsystems integrate properly
- Coordinate material purchasing
- Ensure system meets Customer and Engineering Requirements
- Mohd Afifi Ishak - Industrial Designer
- Develop designs that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing
- Track project progress in Design logbook
- Contribute creative solution ideas to the engineering team
Team Values and NormsThe following is a brief summary of the Values and Norms the team agreed upon. These are still a work in progress and will be refined as we finalize our group.
- Punctuality - All members should consistently attend scheduled meetings. Any issues should be communicated within a reasonable time frame prior to the meeting.
- Feedback - Teammates should feel comfortable delivering and receiving honest and constructive feedback.
- Preparation - All members should complete tasks they are assigned. Come prepared to meetings.
- Escalation - When team members are struggling to complete a task they should feel comfortable contacting team members for assistance. Escalate issues as soon as they occur to reduce the negative impact on the project.
- Communication - Discussion between group members and customers should be transparent.
Project Plans & Scheduleshere.
Risk Assessment and Growth Curveshere.
Our Primary points of contact for this project are the 4 Walls Project of Rochester for Nicaragua and Erinold Frederick for Haiti. David will be our primary leader on communication with 4 Walls via email and we will work with Sarah to communicate with Erinold via Skype.
As a teem, we meet outside of class weekly to discuss project deliverables, progress, and planning. We communicate through Email and a Google drive for document sharing and through a group text for fast notifications and updates. Team Members are each responsible for keeping up with communication regarding project progress.