Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseDuring this phase, the team purchased materials for the building phase and transported the kiln to campus. Testing plans have been created to verify the engineering requirements, as well as to evaluate the usability of the design. Updates and changes in the design will be accounted for as well and documented on this page.
Prior to this phase, 3 burn cycles were completed, which allowed the team to quickly identify a strategy for setting up and running the system. The team anticipates collecting more temperature data to confirm the analysis in previous phases. An updated schedule has also been created to reflect these plans.
Test Plan SummaryFive main test plans have been created to cover all engineering requirements. Since several of the engineering requirements are linked, the test plans have been consolidated to cover 5 main plans:
- S1, S2, S3 Test Plan: Temperature metrics
- S4, S5, S7, S8, S9 Test Plan: Time and amount of heat used by recovery system to obtain ideal water temperature
- S10, S11, S15, S16, S17 Test Plan: Setup time and other requirements for adding/operating recovery system
- S12 Test Plan: Product Lifetime
- S13, S14 Test Plan: Maximum weight and number of materials to build heat recovery system
Below, each individual test plan ID is explained in detail:
A link to the live test plan and engineering requirements spreadsheet can be seen here.
Risk and Problem TrackingThe risks have not changed since the previous phase. The main priority is obtaining burn material in the winter months, which can be difficult. The team brainstormed alternate ideas for collecting material until the weather warms up. The live risk management document can be found here.
The problem tracking summarizes the top risks and strategies for countering them. Currently, there are 4 main priorities:
The live problem management document can be found here.
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items