Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property Considerations
Company X wishes to remain unidentified. Company X also requires that certain information regarding this project is kept confidential.
Emily: Project Manager
Jing: Lead Engineer
Team Values and Norms
Project Plans & Schedules
Our project plan can be found here. This document is constantly updated as we progress through the project.
Jing is the owner of the risk assessment document. She is sick right now so it is not up to date, but she will finish it when she is feeling better. It will be added to this section when it is complete.
Other Team Resources
- MSD design center
- ME PC lab when we need to use computers
Build and test space:
- MSD design center for assembly and some testing
- ME machine shop for fabrcation
- On-site at Company X for further testing
Meeting Minutes, Notes, & Actions
Meeting minutes and action items are added to our project plan document.
Peer reviews are done at the end of each phase using the peer2peer tool in MyCourses. Team members complete the peer review and then discuss the results with each other and John during the first class of the new phase.
- The primary customer point of contact, Customer Y, wishes to remain anonymous.
- Matt handles communication with Customer Y.
- The team primarily communicates with Customer Y through email, but in-person visits to Company X are frequent.
- All members of the team are CCed on emails to
- John and Ken are also CCed when the message requires their attention.
- Reviews are held at Company X at the end of each phase.
- The team has a GroupMe group chat for most day-to-day communication.
- Email is used for communication with John and Ken.
- All members are CCed in these messages.
- The team shares all working documents in a shared
Google Drive folder.
- The final documents are uploaded to the team EDGE page.
The Problem Definition and Systems Design reviews were presented off their respective EDGE pages. The Preliminary Detailed Design and Detailed Design reviews will most likely be presented to Company X with PowerPoint presentations. Those files will be uploaded in this section when we get to those phases.