Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Your website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original editable files).
All template text must be removed prior to your Build & Test Prep Review
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseSummarize:
3 Week Plan
- Move into cubicle (Hopefully)
- Cut 80-20 to length
- Assemble frame
- Build 12”x12” vacuum box for initial testing
- Test and determine MDF hole patterns
- Finalize heater electrical design
- Determine user inputs needed for UI
- Create drawings
- Floor Plan (Clearances and Cable Distances)
What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
Test Plan Summary
Use your test plan to summarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements
- Ensure test plans are in place
- Ensure that all applicable test standards have been cited (e.g., ASTM)
- Ensure all ordered materials have been received
- Ensure team has space and equipment necessary to begin building and testing
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Update your Risk Management
- If you have risks that have manifested themselves as problems, begin problem tracking.
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items
Plans for next phase
- As a team, where do you want to be in three weeks at your next review?
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)