Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep Phase
- Create and execute test plans for top 3 product ideas
- Once finalized, create BOM for product prototype(s)
- Potentially outsource professionally made recycled materials for prototypes
- Narrow down product details and users
- Continue to assess and mitigate our risks
- Expand engineering requirements to both specific processes and products
- Update Product Comparison Spreadsheet with values instead of current metrics
- View progress report for more plan specifications.
Test Plan Summary
To find the test plan for Utility of Product, Outside Material Requirements, and Life Cycle Analysis click here.
To find the test plan for Salvage Material Consumption Ratio, Supply Chain Requirements, and Transportation Requirements click here.
To find the test plan for Equipment Requirements, Labor Requirements, and Maintenance Costs click here.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Two risks were added at the start of this phase to our tracking documents. They are:
- The scope of the project keeps changing
- Cannot complete comparison matrix for all prototypes proposed
To view the complete risk document, click click here. The correct tab is "Update for MSD II Phase 1".
Design Review Materials
The design side of the team have narrowed down modular designs as seen below. More ideation is needed for the final designs.
Imagine RIT Team Vision
- Prototype for people to interact with that fits the engineering requirements and also the industrial designers portfolio.
- Recycled materials on display at different stage(shredded fibers, composites, etc.)
- Visual for machinery required(video)
- Goodwill shirts? Make shirts? Hats? Tuxedos?
- Materials on market that utilize fabric(pictures)
- Trex boards
- North Face
- Process Book(Industrial designers)
- Keep tally of what type of shirts they are wearing
- Fun facts for materials
- Mimi’s Video
- Include inspirational message to help the environment by purchasing more secondhand clothes
Plans for next phase
- Decide on the prototype to be built and create test plans by 3/7
- Designers create the form and idea of the product while the engineers will make sure it will work by 2/16
- Go to Goodwill to sort materials and collect data, Engineers, by 2/17
- Finalize ID/engineering drawings by 2/16
- Create BOM by 2/20
- Get BOM and drawings reviewed by Sarah by 2/3
- Start collecting data to fill our comparison spreadsheet 2/21
Our complete plan can be found here.