Table of Contents
Your team will hold a gate review with your guide at the end of each semester. This page should document any information needed for the review, as well as outcomes.
MSD I: Readiness to move to Build & Test
Plans for MSD II
MSD II Action ItemsThe following are action items which were brought up in discussion during our Detailed Design Review and need to be completed at the beginning of MSD II. All action items will be completed by the end of week 3.
- The following tasks are to be completed by Mike over
- Talk to Al Sigl people about using the I beam
- Talk to Al Sigl people about the mezzanine being anchored to the walls
- The following tasks are to be completed by the team
during the first couple weeks of the semester.
- Determine the best method of installation for the trolley and chain hoist on the I beam.
- Email architecture list to Dr. DeBartolo for use by future teams.
- Determine the benefits of using nails versus screws, possibility use a combination of both.
- How is the platform being anchored and will outside columns (not near walls) need to be anchored as well? (ie if golf cart runs into column)
- Determine if a permit is needed for the platform and if it will need to be fire proof.
- Design the bike carriers, taking into consideration trailer usage as well.
- Create a side view of the layout to show differences in elevation.
- Determine the best place to order maintenance ladders from, closer to Rochester is better due to extreme shipping costs.
- Email and set up a meeting with RIT professor with large knowledge of cement walls.
- Best Case Scenario
- Every subsystem would be completed as scheduled and under budget
- 3D model(s) of some of the subsystems would be printed for people to look at
- Before, during, and after picture slideshow to be displayed at table
- Technical paper submitted to IEEE before ImagineRIT
- Middle Ground Scenario
- Small design details still need to be completed, but all major building has been completed
- All subsystems were able to be completed and almost came in under budget
- Before, during, and after picture slideshow to be displayed, but no 3D model
- Technical paper written but not yet revised or submitted to IEEE
- Worse Case Scenario
- Still in the middle of the building process
- Unable to build all proposed subsystems due to budget constraints
- Nothing interactive to display at ImagineRIT
The ImagineRIT Plans can be accessed here - ImagineRIT Plans
Week 5 Demo Shared VisionThe following is our shared vision of the first demonstration, during week 5.
- Completed platform design
- This includes meeting with building inspectors and a list of all necessary materials and components.
- Completed Purchasing plan
- List of all materials to be ordered online versus locally and when they need to be purchased by.
- Completed Build plan.
- Knowledge of who will be constructing the platform.
- How to approach building within the confined space.
- How to approach emptying and refilling the facility.
- Tilt ‘n Store Decision
- Team decision on whether the Tilt ‘n Store is still feasible.
- Chain Hoist
- Install both the chain hoist and trolley on the I beam.
- Purchase straps to test the lifting ability.
The Problem Tracking spreadsheet can be accessed here - Problem Tracking
The Long Term Test Plan spreadsheet can be accessed here - Long Term Test Plans
Team Self Reflection
The MSD I Self Critique spreadsheet can be accessed here - MSD I Self Reflection
MSD II: Project close-out
- Use this space to organize information for your review. Key elements are listed here