P17709: ArcWorks Bottle Wrapping Station/public/
Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Team SetupThe following table outlines each group members roles and major as chosen by the team for the duration of MSD I and MSD II.
|Cassie Kaczmarek||Industrial and Systems Engineering||Product Manager|
|Kyle Chrysler||Industrial and Systems Engineering||Lead Process Engineer|
|Emily Hebert||Mechanical Engineering||Lead Mechanical Engineer|
|Lachlan Newcomb||Mechanical Engineering||Communications and EDGE Designer|
|Justin Cook||Mechanical Engineering||N/A|
|Troy Bailey||Industrial and Systems Engineering||N/A|
Skills and Expertise
- Cassie Kaczmarek
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
- AutoCad: Layouts
- Kyle Chrysler
- 5S/ Lean Manufacturing
- Layout construction/ analysis
- Simulation/ Simio
- Microsoft Project and Excel
- Emily Hebert
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Matlab and Simulink
- Lachlan Newcomb
- Microsoft Excel
- MatLab / Simulink
- Justin Cook
- Excel/Visual Basic
- NI MyDAQ/Labview
- Creo 2.0
- Troy Bailey
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
Team Values and Norms
- At the beginning of a meeting be present and ready for the meeting to start.
- Set up deadlines (If the deadline can not be met, inform the team ahead of time)
- Be respectful of all other opinions.
- Be open to suggestions and recommendations from other people.
- There shall be no more than 3 team members at ArcWorks per visit.
- If issues arise between ArcWorks and a team member(s), inform and consult the team.
- For emails sent to ArcWorks, carbon copy the other team members.
- If there is a dispute between team members, bring it up with the facilitator first.
- Check the facebook chat for Senior Design daily.
- At the end of each phase, a peer assessment will be conducted as per the Senior Design class requirements.
Guidelines for Resolving Conflict
- If there is a dispute between team members, bring it
up initially with the facilitator.
- If the issue is with ArcWorks or another external organization and a team member, consult the team as a whole first.
- Determine where the problem is arising, was it verbal behavior, physical behavior, or an escalating disagreement with the process?
- If The conflict is between two team members, allow
the facilitator time to resolve the issue before alerting
the rest of the team.
- If the issue is with another group, the facilitator shall take charge of resolving it, while allowing group members to contribute.
- If the facilitator is unable to resolve the conflict, consult the team and/or the guide about potential solutions to the problem.
Project Plans & Schedules
Draft Overview of Project Plan
Draft of Plan Phase
Draft of Design PhaseThe preliminary design phase plan can be found here: Design Phase Plan
Risk Assessment and Growth CurvesThe following figure contains the current risks we have identified related to this project:
Other Team Resources
- Planned meeting space:
- MSD Design Center
- Planned build & test space
- MSD Design Center
- ME Machine Shop
- Safety Training Required:
- Machine Shop safety trainig
Meeting Minutes, Notes, & ActionsThe team's action log can be found here: Action Log
Peer ReviewsPeer Reviews are completed at the end of each design phase. Once peer reviews are complete, if there is positive and useful feedback, they will be placed here.
ArcWorks Contact Information
- Dennis Hezler:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 585-698-1327
- Tricia Nenni:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 585-698-1329
- Theresa Collins:
- Email: email@example.com
Method of Communication
- Email is the preferred method of communication.
Frequency of Communication
- General check in will occur every other week, including the Project Review.
Customer Availability For Review
- Each Review will take place at ArcWorks. Notice shall be given at minimum a week in advance, generally longer.
- Lachlan Newcomb will be in charge of communication with ArcWorks and any other organizations involved with the project.
Team Expectation for Communications
- All other team members will be carbon copied on all communications to ArcWorks.
In Team Communication
- The group will be using Facebook Messenger to stay in daily communication. The main expectation for communication is to be in daily contact with the team. Emails between group members will have the Communications member carbon copied.
- General contact with our guide will be during the Senior Design class time, with any extra information being conveyed by email.