Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsThe Angel's ARC is working with Little Angels of Honduras, a nonprofit organization. Everything should be public domain/open source unless specifically discussed. Any systems or ideas that are created for this project which are new or innovative and have the potential for future capital gains will be discussed at the time of creation to assign ownership and/or intellectual property rights. Otherwise, all intellectual property will be assumed to be in the public domain.
Team Members and Capabilities
- Austin Zuercher
- Communication, Problem Identification, Low Level Design Experience, Medical Diagnostic Equipment Implementation
- Charlotte Lefkovich
- Organization, Documentation, Engineering Design Experience, Medical Device Manufacturing Experience, Regulation Identification
- Gage Ellis
- Power Applications (Transformer Repairs, Electrical System Design), Engineering Design Process Experience, Communication Systems Design
- Rebecca Bonamico
- Rapid Prototyping, Systems Integration, Low Level In-ambulance Emergency Care Training
Team Values and Norms
- Each team member will be prompt and arrive at the team meetings on time. If a conflict arises, the team member will notify the team of the absence. If a team member is going to be more than 10 minutes late to a meeting they will notify the team.
- Each team member shows up prepared and ready to work. Every member is responsible for completing their own work within the given time frame. Represents the team and project well when interacting with customers or supporting contacts.
- Each team member will contribute an equal share to the success of the project.
- Personal Interaction
- Each member with treat the other members of the group with respect. Each member of the team will listen to and respect others ideas.
- Every member will take credit for their own ideas and take responsibility for them. Members of the team will not place blame on others for work they have contributed to.
- Every member is expected to take credit for their own work and give credit to outside sources. Members of the team will not steal ideas from other groups or sources and claim them as their own. Every member is responsible for representing the team and project without misrepresenting expectations.
*All team values established by group member with input from MSD template example.
Outputs and DestinationIncorporate when considering team plus/delta recommendations during Peer Review
Project Plans & Schedules
PurposeEnsure timely delivery of all required work products, identify prerequisite tasks with owners, ensure special resource needs are met.
- Instructions and EXAMPLE must be deleted before the Problem Definition Review.
- Identify an owner for this document.
- This document will be inspected at all project reviews.
- MSD I & II: Work breakdown structure should be used to construct Gantt charts, schedule, etc. Each revision is numbered and dated.
- Each milestone/Project Review is enabled by a listing of all of the required prerequisite deliverables. These enablers each have owners, due dates and a common understanding of how good is "good enough" for each deliverable.
- Considering the purpose, the team should anticipate potential failure modes associated with construction and use of this document.
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
PurposeTo anticipate, avoid and plan for possible failures and risks associated with the design and engineering plan.
Main Risks Identified
Click Here to see a fully outlined and detailed risk assessment document being maintained by Rebecca Bonamico and Charlee Lefkovich.
Peer ReviewsPeer Reviews are done at the end of each design phase (every 3 weeks) through MSD peer2peer evaluation system. Although evaluations are not discussed by the team as a group it is expected that each member of the team contributes to the evaluations. Additionally, after evaluations are released it is expected that each member of the team member review and reflect on their feedback and make positive changes to benefit the project and the group.
Austin Zuercher is primarily in charge of or communication between outside vendors/companies and the team. However, all members will communicate with the customer and other points of contact when appropriate. All communication will be relayed to the group.
Project Planning Design Review (14September2017)
- Conducted interview with customer representative (Mary Golden) to define customer requirements
- Established team roles
- Created design review presentation to address project background and definition, use scenarios, requirements, and other project planning necessities.
- Redefined project goals and requirements based on customer response to team questions
Systems Design Review (13Nov2017)
- Iterated interior layout options to pick a final layout
- Changed incubators based on a price comparison
- Determined possible materials for interior flooring, and seating
- Conceptualized ideas for incubator securments
- Developed test plans for the Neopuff modification
Detailed Design Review (05Dec2017)
- Prepare future plan for MSD II
- Refined test plans for Neopuff, custom incubator securement system, and space considerations
- Created a bill of materials for Honduras deliverables and for a full scale mock up that will be created during MSD II
- Created CAD models, and space models for better visualization of design
- Refined power calculations and created schematics
Refer to Gate Reviews page, as well.