P18037: Team BASE (Biometric + Atmospheric Sensing Earphones)/public/
Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
MSD1 RecapBy the end of MSD 1, the following objectives were completed:
- Determined all hardware
- Initial sensor feasibility testing
- Developed all custom PCBA’s
- Integrated all firmware into single program
- Built initial prototype (excludes PPG)
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseOur objectives for this phase were to review the status of our project for ourselves and our new guide, identify critical paths, and formulate a final plan for the remainder of MSD2.
All of these objectives were accomplished. In particular, we focused on planning for the most critical item we have remaining, the in-ear PPG sensor.
Test Plan SummaryOur test plans are broken up into 8 separate procedures. The first tab, displayed in the image below, correlates customer requirements with the corresponding test plan.
An example test plan can be seen below.
Risk Management and Problem Tracking
- As a part of Phase 1, we have updated our Risk Management page.
- Most risks have remained the same, but the two
largest changes occurred to power management and material
- Power consumption had its severity and likelihood reduced dramatically, as the costumer has indicated that this is not a focus for this project.
- The likelihood of the case breaking was increased, as we have already broken our first prototype. Although no injury was incurred, the possibility is there.
- No serious risks have come up which require us to begin problem tracking.
- Our current Bill of Material is shown below. Included in the BOM are drawings, as appropriate. For the first prototype, all components have been purchased and received.
Design Review Materials
Plans for next phasePhase 2 ends 4 weeks from now, and by then we expect to have accomplished the following goals:
- Complete in-ear PPG fixture
- Complete Environmental Unit and Accelerometer Testing & Documentation
- Implement Bluetooth capabilities