P18037: Team BASE (Biometric + Atmospheric Sensing Earphones)/public/
Communication & Minutes
Table of Contents
MSD I Meetings
Initial Meeting with Customer
- Introductions between the team and the customer were held. (Jack Read and Chris Paetsch)
- Clarification of how MSD-I operates was delivered to the customer
- Customer was asked what the goals of the project are:
- Increase user experience, leveraging the sensors to build on that
- Fitness example: Runner’s environment may impact your exercise
- Biometric data: Make analysis of the user’s health with actionable data, e.g.: predict when the user has taken the activity too far
- Environment data may be difficult to collect, but useful. E.g. UV data may help to warn against sunburns or the need for sunscreen
- Customer was asked how much freedom we have in
regards to form factor:
- “Don’t let form factor inhibit us.” QC-35 stressed as difficult to adapt to have biosensors.
- “Go Crazy” on form factor.
- Customer was asked if we able to explore new
hardwares as well as what resources they would be willing
to provide to us:
- Open to new microcontroller platforms
- Don’t get high hopes for them to share CAD information, but we can request sample products.
- Always ask if they can provide information
- Customer was informed of what sensors we were able to
think of for the product. Showed interest in:
- Pedometer/Accelerometer (measure impact with the ground)
- Light level/UV
- Customer suggested to cross-reference data to inform user of impending dangers
- Customer was informed of the CR's that the team had
assembled and asked if there was anything else that
needed to be considered.
- Customer asked that "Neck and up form factor" be a CR
- Customer suggested to broaden the appeal to consumers
through an increase in capabilities
- In other words, keep the design for general use, don’t specify just to runners
Problem Definition NotesNotes from the Problem Definition Design Review can be found here
Systems Design PhaseNotes from the Systems Design Design Review can be found here.
Preliminary Detailed DesignNotes from the Preliminary Detailed Design Design Review can be found here.
MSD II NotesOur three-week plan document, which was used to help guide in-class discussions, can be found here.
Notes from the final gate review can be found here.