Team Vision for System-Level Design Phase
During this phase the team:
- Defined a narrowed project scope and agreed upon scope changes with customer and guide. Updated engineering requirements, customer requirements, house of quality, and risk documents.
- Went to Strong Deep Brain Stimulation Clinic, got more insight into clinical aspects of essential tremor.
- Brainstormed concepts for device functions as defined by functional decomposition generated in this phase.
- Performed feasibility analysis, benchmarking, and patent research to select final concept(s).
- Generated system architecture document, control system and electrical flow charts, and drafted and engineering test plan for the next phase.
- Generated a project plan, team, and personal goals for the next phase.
Phase 2 Project Plan and Task Assignments
Revised Phase 1 Documents
Customer RequirementsUpdated Customer Requirements
Engineering RequirementsUpdated Engineering Requirements
House of QualityUpdated House of Quality
Low Level Detailed Update
The benchmarking was updated, although not many changes were made. The market research and patent information is included in the Concept Feasibility Research section.
Concept Development (Alternatives Considered)
Ideal design is active coupled with passive.
Concepts ruled out due to patent protection: gyroscopes, raised mass dampers, power springs and dashpots, mechanical governor, and nerve stimulation
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
Concept Feasibility Research
Ideas ruled out due to feasibility research and testing: MR fluid, tendons with linear actuators, and the batman glove