Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseTeam Goals
- Establish communication via Bluetooth between microcontroller and Android device
- Order all components that have been identified and that have an assigned part number
- Re-visit problem tracking sheet
- Update BOM with parts that have been ordered and to reflect the change made to the LEDs
- Refine test plans
- Collectively create project plan for the remainder of the semester
- Update risk assessment document
- Decided on new LED interface option - prefabricated LED board
- Ordered most projected components. Items that we may be able to obtain on campus were not yet ordered.
- Examined example code for the microcontroller
- Downloaded and programmed our microcontroller with example code that allowed for control of the onboard LEDS via bluetooth
- Realized communication between the programmed microcontroller and a cell phone
- Updated problem tracking sheet
- Updated BOM with ordered parts and to reflect new LED interface option
- Created a more comprehensive project plan for MSDII with entire team's input
- Updated risk assessment document
New LED Selection
While researching how we were going to assemble LED boards for the jumper, the team came across some pre-fabricated LED boards. We have decided to implement these LEDs and supporting hardware into the jumper in order to avoid losing time designing and fabricating boards, as well as to increase the functionality.
Schematics document that reflect this update can be found here.
Updated Bill of Material document can be found here.
Microcontroller-Android App Communication
The team worked to become familiar with the microcontroller and establish communication between the Android app and the microcontroller via Bluetooth. The result is a User Interface (pictured below) that allows the user to control two LEDs with buttons on the app.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Updates to the Risk Assessment document during this phase are shown below:
Updated Risk Assessment document can be found here.
No problems are currently being tracked with the problem tracking sheet.
Design Review Materials
Pre-read document with meeting notes and action items can be found here.
Plans for next phasePlans for Next Phase
Gantt Chart document can be found here.
Individual 3 Week Plans
- 3 week plans for MSD II Phase II can be found here.
Week 6 Shared Vision
Document reflecting the team's shared vision for the Week 6 Review can be found here.