Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and Handoff
- Rerun Test Plan 8 with corrected voltage values
- Complete test plan result documentations
- Finalize bioreactor unit redesign
- Complete machining and assembly of bioreactor for Imagine
- Complete electrical wiring for Final Presentation
- Complete all documentation and manual for customer handoff following finals
- Have successful presentations
- IAB Meeting
- Lighting Talks
- Imagine RIT
Test Results Summary
P18082 Live Test Results Summary
Risk and Problem Tracking
P18082 Risk Assessment Summary
A majority of the major issues of risk were addressed and reduced.
The two risk items that were high priority were risk items 7 and 8, Cell Death Due to Lack of Space and Screws/threads Holes Become Stripped respectively.
- Risk #7: Cell Death Due to Lack of Space
- Electrodes were cut so that they could be spaced at maximum effective distance, which would allow the maximum space for seeding cells. However, future users may be required to determine a means of slowing cell growth through adjustments in the cell media.
- Risk #8: Screws/threaded Holes Become Stripped
- The final product was fabricated out of polycarbonate and acetal delrin in order to reduce the system weight and avoid the possibility of drops which result in stripping the fasteners. However, should accidents occur, a gluing or bonding material is recommended to make fixes.
Final Project Documentation
P18082 CAD and schematic files can be found by acquiring with Dr. Bailey in the Biomedical Engineering Department.
Images for the CAD and schematics files can be found in the P18082 Electrical Bioreactor Operators Manual.
|P18082 Budget Information|
The budget and cost analysis can be found in the P18082 BOM.
Manufacturing and Assembly Instructions
Manufacturing and Assembly Instructions can be found in the P18082 Electrical Bioreactor Operators Manual under Bioreactor Unit Manufacturing Instructions and Bioreactor Unit Assembly.
The P18082 Electrical Bioreactor Operators Manual includes the below index.
Table of Contents
- Bioreactor Unit Manufacturing Instructions
- Bioreactor Unit Assembly
- Sterilization of Bioreactor Unit
- 6-Well Plate Manufacturing and Assembly
- Sterilization of 6-Well Plate
- Electrical Wiring Assembly
- LabVIEW User Instructions
Service Manual Instructions can be found in the P18082 Electrical Bioreactor Operators Manual under Electrical Wiring Assembly and LabVIEW User Instructions
Recommendations for future work
- Mechanical Components
- Continue to look for ergonomic and system
improvements of the bioreactor unit
- Arduino housing hinge
- Well plate spring-latch
- Continue to look for ergonomic and system improvements of the bioreactor unit
- Electrical Components
- Addition of cyclic waveform to be included for
- With user variable frequency
- Addition of cyclic waveform to be included for student selection
- Biological Components
- Allow electrical bioreactor to be versatile
across multiple cell cultures
- Class will choose preferred cell line for future electrical testing
- Determine effective testing voltages based on cell line
- Allow electrical bioreactor to be versatile across multiple cell cultures
Functional Demo MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items