Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsWe believe our technology should remain in the public domain and open sourced to assist with the advancement of the electrical bioreactor. Open sourcing our project will allow for greater collaboration across multiple parties to assist with further developing and designing an electrical bioreactor.
A patent would only provide our team with two options: exclude all other personal from usage and sale or grant others the right to use our project with agreed upon terms. Currently acquiring a patent does not align with our team's immediate goals of developing an electrical bioreactor for the BIME 470 course and enhancing the tissue culturing process.
Team SetupThe team has identified 6 roles that will lead to the success of our project: Team Manager, Risk Management Engineer, Edge Expert, Facilitator, Procurement, and Communication Director.
The team consists of 3 Biomedical Engineers and 2 Mechanical Engineers with additional experience in Business, Chemical Engineering, Statistics, Computer Modeling and Coding.
Team Values and Norms
|Transparency of Notes||
Project Plans and Schedules
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
Link to live P18082 Risk Management
Other Team Resources
Designated Meeting Space: MSD Design Center (with Dr. Bailey's Lab as auxiliary option)
Build/Test Space: MSD Design Center/Bailey Lab (the ME Machine Shop may be a work space depending on future design)
Safety Training: Lab/Studio Safety (additional training may include 'General Shop Safety' and 'Hazardous Materials Procurement')
Information to be updated at later date.
- Point of contact: Dr. Jennifer Bailey
- Contact via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Professor Bailey will be contacted as needed with an update once a month.
- Customer is available on Mondays 4:30 pm in INS 3120.
- Point of contact: Shena Marshall
- Shena can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All team members will be CCed on any communication with customer to ensure transperancy.
- Customer will check Edge just before/during customer reviews and as needed.
- With-in Team Communication
- Logistics will be determined via GroupMe following group norms. E-mails will be used for offical communications for assigning tasks and communicating with the mechanical bioreactor team.
- Guide will be included in all communications pertaining to design review and change in customer and engineering requirements as well as any issues we are facing.
- All team members will be cced on e-mails to each other unless members have personal issues between themselves.
Information to updated at later date.