Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseSummarize:
- What did your team plan to do during this phase?
- What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
MSD I Updates and ReviewBelow is a picture of the Mechanical design upon completion of MSD 1.
The Hot Wheelz team will be testing their 2018 electrical system on the testbench. Below is the factor of safety plot for the proposed mounting of the Emrax 228 motor to the designated motor location on the cart.
Challenges to be solved:
- How will we attatch to the base pegboard without drilling tons of holes into the actual cart
- Will the motor shelf slide the way we have planned
- Will we have the technical items required to confirm a working project
Mechanical Design Details
Here are the updated assembly plans for the mechanical design
Here are the updated test plans
Electrical SchematicUpdated Schematic
Rev A2 Updates:
- Changed 28A fuse to a standard 30A automotive fuse
- Added circuit completion points
- Added circuit completion LEDs
- Removed one side hoop BRB. Both BRBs serve the same function so they can be represented through one on the cart to save expenses.
Prototyping UpdateGoal: Perform preliminary testing on ADC and OpAmp ICs to determine if they will work for their intended design.
GUI UpdateThe goal was to create a logging functionality that the user could play, pause, and stop at will. Then they could download the data file they just created. This was done using Python threading with conditional states. Only the parameters the user set to be logged were recorded. For the purposes of testing, a random number was assigned to each parameter using min and maxes from the database. A screenshot of the home page during paused logging and a sample downloaded spreadsheet are shown below.
Goals for Next Phase
- Create separate templates for CAN bit fault entries
- Create dynamic template for home page
- Add user feedback to all pages
- Use existing CAN bus, Raspberry Pi, and SQLAlchemy database to start back-end decoder program
Test Plan SummaryTest plans along with their updated status can be found here.
- Ensure test plans are in place
- Ensure that all applicable test standards have been cited (e.g., ASTM)
- Ensure all ordered materials have been received
- Ensure team has space and equipment necessary to begin building and testing
Risk and Problem TrackingAn updated copy of the team's risk assessment can be found here Risk Management
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items
Plans for next phase
For the next phase, our team plans to have the entire mechanical test bench completely built including shelves and motor shelf sliders. We also plan to begin building electrical systems and connect the CANbus as well as implementing the GUI.
Detailed plans for the phase can be found here.