Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsWe plan to leave all Intellectual Property in the Public Domain.
Team RolesPM/finance: Rachel
Chief Engineer: Kendra
Chief Manufacturing Lead: Becky
Team SkillsKendra: circuit design, PCB design, TIG welding, Basic shop skills, Wiring, soldering, python, C, embedded systems
Rachel: Microsoft Project, intermediate shop skills, project management, basic CAD
Alaysia: expert shop skills, mechanical design, integration, TIG welding, CAD, basic FEA, adaptability, wiring
Cindy: Strong Python skills, Java, C, Soldering, TIG welding, basic shop skills, circuit design, wiring, micro-controller programming
Becky: TIG welding, Expert shop skills, advanced CAD, advanced FEA, basic soldering, wiring
Team Values and Norms
Being to meetings 2 min early
Being willing to do work, being upfront about your strengths/weaknesses
No surprises, don't be passive aggressive
Respect everyone's ability, keep ego in check, if you disagree with something civilly explain things with proof
Getting tasks done by due dates set by team and MSD
Project Plans & Schedules
Below is the project schedule for MSD II. A pdf of the entire MSD schedule can be found in Project Schedule.
Other Team Resources
Meeting Spaces: Senior Design Floor, Hot Wheelz Team Room
Safety Training: lab safety training, Machine Shop safety training
Meeting Minutes, Notes, & Actions
All meeting notes and general action items will be kept on the team Google Drive. For access to these notes please email the Project Manager and request access. Any official documents and important notes will be posted to Edge in its respective section.
Peer Reviews will be posted here.
- Customer Communication
- As the team communicator, Alaysia will be responsible for updating the customer on our progress.
- The primary method of communication with our customer will be through email. If further communication is needed, meeting will be requested through email and will take place at a mutually agreed upon time and location.
- All team members will be cc'd on all emails to so that they are aware of the correspondence.
- Inter-Team Communication
- The primary method of communication for the team will be Slack
- The team will update our guide on progress during each scheduled class period
- Team members will be cc'd on inter-team emails as needed