Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhaseThe plan for this phase was to complete systems integration and begin systems level testing. However, due to technical problems systems integration is still in progress.
- Communication modes developed with POT's advice, inputs and outputs are printed out to both modes
- Main UI screens finished
- Pass/Fail Software written and finished
- 1550 Laser broken (probable cause: ESD)
- 850 Photodiode lead broken (cause: lead bent too many times)
- PCB Rev2 ready to be ordered
Systems Integration Updates
- Power harness connected
- Arduino to PCB connected
- Unexpected header used for LCD, workaround implemented
- IR sensor abandoned in favor of door switch
Risk and Problem Tracking
SoftwareSoftware Risks put to bed
- Touchscreen and Serial Interface
Current Software Risks
- Untested E-stop and Lid ISRs
- The timing of the functionality testing, due to the shortened schedule because of hardware availability
- Customer changes
HardwareHardware Risks put to bed
- 1550nm laser diode and 850nm photodiode have been requested for order
- Signal conditioning circuitry for input power has a option on the PCB for two different methods for obtaining a voltage for the input power. The simplest method using just a resistor connected to the photodiode has been verified in hardware
Current Hardware Risks
- Signal conditioning circuit for measuring input power has not been verified through testing
- 1550nm and 850nm laser diode and photodiode has not been tested with software system
- Hardware system has not been integrated with Software due to PCB issues
- There is no time for another PCB revision in the schedule
- Potential for more component failures
Systems IntegrationSystems Risks put to bed
- Power connector functioning with E-stop and On/Off switch
- Bread board method for testing lasers
Current Systems Risks
- Have not begun systems integration
- LCD Harness
- Indicator LED Harness
- Door switch Harness
Functional Demo MaterialsSoftware: This phase saw the completion of the overall system architecture with input from our customer, as well as the integration of the UI screen with the serial functionality. The E-stop code was also incorporated in to the main code and while a few bugs still exist the main functionality of all the code was finalized.Many high risk items were put to bed during this segment such as writing to the screen while in serial mode and the switching between serial mode and touchscreen mode.
The Serial interface was improved this phase by the addition of special character to help with the automation process shown below.
The system architecture for the serial communication and the touchscreen communication was also developed during this phase and is shown below.
Videos documenting functionality of software
The Serial Attenuation code shows the Serial code printing to the Touchscreen, as well as the current state of the Pass/Fail software
Plans for next phaseThe document for the working Gantt Chart: Team Schedule
Software Going forward the plan is to test the software with full functionality with the full hardware set up and iron out the bugs in the Interrupt service routine codes.
Software planning flow chart: Software Planning flow chart
Hardware Prove all wavelengths with Rev1 PCB until Rev2 arrives. Then integrate all components and begin testing against engineering requirements.
Systems Integration Connect remaining harnesses. Attach all components to the fixture.
Technical Paper & Poster Work on the technical paper until completion and create poster.
Physical Subsystem Finish machining. Decide whether or not to electrically ground the box. Paint interior of the box black. Mount all sub-components and test the subsystems within the box.
Erica Butler's Three Week Plan: Erica's Phase 4 Goals
Nathan Rummage's Three Week Plan: Nathan's Phase 4 Goals
Neville Mogent Jr.'s Three Week Plan: Neville's Phase 4 Goals
Elizabeth Hughes' Three Week Plan: Elizabeth's Phase 4 Goals