P18325: Team ABC's/public/
Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffSummarize:
- Our Plan:
- Complete functional system build
- Test the completed system for validation
- Fix any engineering issues that arise
- What we did
- Finished the functional system
- Completed 1st-test (ultrasonic cleaning only) 2nd-test incomplete
- Some engineering issues remain unsolved
- Pump priming issue
- Electrical issue with the drain pump
Test Results Summary
Electrical & Mechanical Testing
Final Project Documentation
- Include a link to your team's technical paper using the template here.
- Include a link to your team's final poster using the
- ME Final Design updates from previous phase:
- Added a plastic divider to add some protection to the electrical system
- Machined a door-stop which is an Aluminum flat with holes drilled into it
- Machined two holes in the front of the enclosure for the user-interface (buttons)
- Machined a square hole on the side of the enclosure for the wall power connector
- Subsystems placed in the box:
- Ultrasonic Basin and Support (centered about the U.V slots)
- Lid Support containing the heating device, fans, and U.V system
- Electrical Box
- Draining Pump and Rinsing Pump
- Water storage for dirty water (empty) and for rinsing (full)
- Final BOM
- Final Budget
- Industrial Design - Market Ready Concept
Functional Demo MaterialsInclude links to:
Plans for Wrap-up
- Future Recommendations:
- Scale - Current volume is 8.666 cubic feet. Work towards 1 cubic foot customer requirement.
- Human-Centered Design - Work to incorporate all
features desired by the users.
- Shape: Smooth, curved edges. A modern design such as lofted or wavy.
- Material: A heat resistant, lightweight, and non-toxic thermoplastic.
- Color: Gender-neutral, pastel, non-aggressive colors (see user-centered study).
- User-Interface: LCD screen with timer and button sensitivity
- Power Distribution Board
- Build on PCB board
- 12V to 5V regulators
- Current feedback issue
- Weight reduction - Work towards reducing the overall weight as other changes are made.
- Improve the Heat System
- Heating: Create a custom-made heating element and use a stronger heat fan.
- Airflow: Use stronger fans
- Find a way to allow moist air to leave the enclosure while keeping the user safe from U.V exposure.
- U.V efficiency
- Create a reflective casing around the U.V so any lost U.V rays are still captured for use.
- Look into other U.V light systems such as LEDs.
- Improve the design of the lid to be more
- Redesign the lid
- Raise the transducer support closer to the current lid
- Look into implications of holes in an ultrasonic basin. IF having few holes will not impact the effectiveness of cleaning then redesigning a gravity-based draining system via a hole in the basin bottom would be preferred.
- Fix the "manual priming" issue with the pumps