Content linked here should go in the Systems Level Design Documents directory.
Team Vision for System-Level Design PhaseIn the system design phase, the team planned to finalize the scope of the project and create a complete overview of each of the systems required to make the automatic breast pump cleaner a success. We also planned to reach out to other faculty and staff at RIT with potentially expertise with regard to our subsystems. Additionally, we each set individual goals at the end of Problem Definition that we each planned on accomplishing by the end of Systems Design.
In addition to completing all of the assigned weekly tasks in MSD, we were also able to accomplish our group goal. Using the tools given to us in MSD we were able to narrow the solutions down to two different concept designs for both cleaning and sterilization. With this determination, we were able to reach out to to faculty to experience in the selected concepts and begin reverse engineering of existing partial solutions. With regard to our individual goals, we were each able to meet many of our goals and as a team can move forward to the Subsystem Design.
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
Morphological Chart and Concept Development
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Notes from review
- Action Items
Plans for next phase
- Reverse engineer sterilizer for understanding of EE and MECE subsystems
- Analyze cleaning solutions to determine whether soap of ultrasonic is the optimal solution.
- Finalize system level design
- Preliminary BOM
- Preliminary test plan
- Review Gantt chart
- Determine next steps and actions items for upcoming phase
- Update engineering and risk requirements
- Create list of technical questions
- Finalize bacteria testing protocol
- Angelo's 3-Week plan
- Kyla's 3-Week plan
- Christopher's 3-Week plan
- Yohance's 3-Week plan
- Jake's 3-Week plan
- Meg's 3-Week plan
- Rachel's 3-Week plan