Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep Phase
- What did your team plan to do during this phase?
The plan for Phase 1 of MSD II was to complete the CAD, begin work on a prototype and complete test plans. The team was looking to pick up from where we left off and continue with the momentum gained at the end of MSD I.
- What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
During this phase, the CAD model was completed and a full drawing package was made. In addition, the prototype was almost completely assembled, with just a few parts left to make. Test plans have been created for the most crucial tests.
Build & Test Schedule
Test Plan Summary
The tests conducted by Team VAST will ensure that the switch will function as designed in the use scenario.
The team has secured tools and testing facilities at RIT and Delphi to conduct vacuum, G-Force, and vibration to the specs that were provided by the customer.
Specific testing documents from the customer have yet to be received.
- Prototype Testing
- Subsystem: 1/29 - 1/31
- Vacuum: 2/1 - 2/12
- Vibration/Shock: 2/6 - 2/9
- Final Testing
- Subsystem: 3/7 - 3/9
- Vacuum: 3/10 - 3/22
- Vibration/Shock: 3/15 - 3/22
Risk and Problem Tracking
Design Review Materials
- Action Items
Plans for next phase
- As a team, where do you want to be in three weeks at your next review?
By the end of the next phase the team plans to have completed testing with the prototype, solved any issues with testing and confirmed a final build.
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)