Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
During this phase, the team was able to produce a working version of the final product. The excel sheet configuration template was used, parsed, and the configuration files necessary for SUMO to run were produced. On top of this, when the simulation began to run, the run time side was able to pull data, both while the GUI was active and inactive.
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhaseWe planned to have a working version of our final deliverable during this phase. This was met and displayed live to our customer. The working version was also shown all on one computer. We are currently rewriting the excel configuration sheet to include more features to hopefully deliver a more user-friendly product.
Test Results Summary
Similar to the last phase, results came from both the configuration side and runtime side.
- Updating ts_config and ts_runner to accept generic arguments to multiple things. This will help with being more user friendly and easier to use.
- Looking into how to control traffic lights during simulation.
- Configuration team has manually produced lane splits and lane area detectors shown below.
- The program that reads in the configuration template can successfully read in arbitrary amounts of data provided it knows the general form of the template. This template is shown below.
- Template has been updated to accept more attributes that have been deemed necessary. This includes the statistics (stat) file which is important for traffic generation.
- The excel sheet is currently going under a rewrite to make it more user-friendly and a more useful final product.
- A video has been created showing the successful running of the excel configuration sheet shown at this YouTube link.
- The runtime test was performed successfully on the output of the configuration files created from the excel sheet.
- Variables and variable data can be successfully extracted from a running simulation. We are still working on creating an optimizer for this with traffic light control.
- More work has been put into the data structures that will hold the simulation data and the functions to access and manipulate them.
- Decided that a minimally-functional runtime system is needed in order to validate the data and I/O interface with SUMO/TraCI before continuing to develop the structure around it.
- A video to shown the runtime grabbing data is shown on the Google Drive folder here