Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep Phase
- (Written 12/7/17)
- For this phase, we would like to have our positive mold material figured out and hopefully solid progress will be made with the production of the positive molds.
- We would like to have all of our subsystems solidified and work will be started on time studies and work instructions.
- Concrete testing should be finished and our next step with this should be defined.
- Test biochar production on our own.
- Continue working with our simulations to ensure our design will function properly.
- What did your team plan to do during this phase?
- Our team planned to have mold material and the coating for vacuum forming figured out.
- We wanted to start on time studying each subsystem, but they aren't fully complete yet.
- We wanted to finish our concrete testing, but we ran into communication issues.
- We wanted to test biochar production on our own
- And lastly, we wanted to use more simulations for our mold design.
- What did your team actually accomplish during this
- Our team was focused on getting the documentation more current after being off between MSD I and MSD II. This includes the detailed project plan, the test plans, and the design package.
- Cody has been reconnecting with experts and setting up visits for us to inquire about molding materials and vacuum forming.
- Sam has been talking with experts regarding concrete testing and sourcing the things that he needs.
- Ryan and Tim have worked on Edge to help get things back up to date.
Test Plan Summary
- The following test plans will be executed once all the subsystems have been finished being designed.
The test plans can be found here.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Our updated risk management can be found here.
Our problem tracking document can be found here.
Click here to access the entire budget for our project.
Detailed Project Plan
Click here. to access our detailed and updated project plan.
Our design package can be found here.
- Our Imagine RIT booth will be 15ft wide by 10ft deep with a table provided.
- Simulated model of the manufacturing process running to show the entire process with simulated workers.
- Poster showing our outline and project description.
- Display an Arborloo made using vacuum formed mold.
- Layout the subsystems with small demo to show how they work.
- Show the concrete test specimens to explain the purpose of the materials inside.
- Display the shelter and design work from Matt.
Plans for next phase
- For this phase we will complete the design of our subsystems. The bottle stringer will have a handle and bracket mounted on the side to incorporate the bottle stringing device. The sifter will have the final piece of mesh installed.
- Once we have the subsystems complete, we will test them according to our test plans.
- Tim and Cody will work on time studying each subsystem and using that data to make determinations about number of workers, capacity, and throughput. We will also begin working on a facility layout with space requirements.
- Sam will have concrete testing complete by the end of this phase.
- Ryan and the team will have decided on the best material to CNC for our positive molds.
- Ryan and the team will have decided on the best material to cover the positive molds with to ensure a positive vacuum forming outcome.
- Ryan and Tim will work on updating Edge as well.
Individual Visions here.