Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhaseSummarize:
- What did your team plan to do during
- Have all mold pieces machined.
- Concrete testing will be completed.
- Time studying of the gravel sifter and bottle stringer.
- Gather data needed to conduct test plans.
- Decide on a material for covering the foam molds.
- Experiment with pouring concrete into foam molds.
- What did your team actually
accomplish during this phase?
- The molds were machined out of foam.
- Subsystem design and construction was completed.
- Concrete testing was finished and a mix was decided on.
- Concrete test plan document has been created.
- Testing of foam coating materials and pouring of concrete into the molds was conducted.
- The team has decided to coat the molds with packing tape to help eliminate the concrete from sticking to the foam.
- Time studies of the bottle stringer and gravel sifter were completed.
- A data sheet was created to gather information needed for cost, throughput, and number of workers.
- Working with Sarah and Kathleen about estimates for information.
- Secured a vacuum forming material source, FARO Industries.
- Assembly plans for the bottle stringer and gravel sifter have been created.
Ongoing Test Results
Updated Test Plans.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Updated Risk Management.
Foam Coating Testing
|Foam Coating Samples|
Concrete Pouring Testing
|Final Foam Molds|
The assembly plans for the gravel/biochar sifter and the bottle stringing device can be found at the following links:
The concrete testing plans can be found at the following link.
Plans for Next Phase
- As a team, where do you want to be in three weeks at
your next demo with your customer (if you
haven't already done this)?
- Have the positives done and vacuum forming complete.
- Complete as many test plans as possible with the new vacuum formed pieces available.
- Have the poster and report complete.
- Finish working with cost and time information.
- Button up and other paperwork and Edge work.
The link to our Individual Visions can be found here.