P18416: Belasenp Arborloo Base Manufacturing Process/public/
Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test Phase
- For this phase we will complete the design of our subsystems. The bottle stringer will have a handle and bracket mounted on the side to incorporate the bottle stringing device. The sifter will have the final piece of mesh installed.
- Once we have the subsystems complete, we will test them according to our test plans.
- Tim and Cody will work on time studying each subsystem and using that data to make determinations about number of workers, capacity, and throughput. We will also begin working on a facility layout with space requirements.
- Sam will have concrete testing complete by the end of this phase.
- Ryan and the team will have decided on the best material to CNC for our positive molds.
- Ryan and the team will have decided on the best material to cover the positive molds with to ensure a positive vacuum forming outcome.
- Ryan and Tim will work on updating Edge as well.
- The bottle stringer and sifter have been completely modeled in CAD and need a few finishing touches to be completed.
- The molds are completely modeled in CAD and are waiting for machine time.
- Test plans have been updated, are ready for each subsystem.
- Time studying hasn't been started yet since the subsystems are still being finished.
- Sam is still working on concrete testing, has run into some logistical issues.
- Ryan and the team have decided on the pink foam as the best material to machine for our positive molds.
- The team has moved away from trying to vacuum form over the foam itself, instead we will coat the foam and pour concrete into the foam to create our positive molds.
- Edge has been updated for this phase.
- Foam Mold Drawings
- Vacuum Formed Drawings
Please view our complete Design Package for further details.
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Team 18485's Thermoform Materials Test Report.
Plans for Next Phase
- Ryan will continue working with the molds and have all the foam pieces machined.
- Sam will have concrete testing completed.
- Tim and Cody will have time studying of the sifter and stringer complete.
- Tim and Cody will start gathering data needed for the test plans.
- The team will have a material decided on for covering the foam molds.
- The team will have experimented with pouring concrete into the covered molds.