P18432: Plastic Bottle Rope Machine Improvements/public/
Preliminary Detailed Design
Content related to this node is in the Detailed Design Documents directory.
Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design PhaseDuring this phase the goals of the team were to work on drafting a design for the stringing operation as well as the rope operation. From this we have created a draft BOM that will help us in the creation of a budget, lead time, and vendors. A cost analysis was completed to ensure that the product we are producing is going to at the minimum break even. Finally the team also research ergonomic estimates to ensure that we are not going to cause harm to the users. Also sufficent work was done on creation of test plans for all engineering requirements as well as beginning of prototype testing.
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
Testing Feasibility of Reshaping the Bottles by Hand
Testing Design #1
Testing Twisting the Strings Individually
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
Bill of Materials (BOM)here.
All of our test plans can be found here.
Design and FlowchartsYou can access this document here as an excel version or here for the visio version.
- Optimal Location of Crank: 90" from ground, 54" from user, and central location in front of user
- Based on research from U.S. stats 300-375W capable for expended duration and 60-100 rpm is the most comfortable for user
- Gripping Needed based on hand size of Haitian population 179 mm hand (Used Cuban Height average because Haitian Average for Male population was not avalible)
- More Details and Sources for Calculations can be found here .
Design Review Materials
Plans for next phase
- Refine Test Plans
- Finalize BOM
- Establish Vendors and Lead Times
- Order Material for MSD2
- Process Improvements
- Finalize Engineering Requirements
- Finalize Designs