Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property Considerations
There is no concern of Intellectual Property in this project.
The following table lists the team members of this project, their major, and role in this project.
|Steven Cacner||Computer Engineering||Computer Eng. Lead|
|Emily Doback||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Eng. Lead|
|Kevin Nowak||Mechanical Engineering||Structure Lead|
|Justin Parra||Mechanical Engineering||Drivetrain Lead|
|Ian Perry||Computer Engineering||Team Lead|
|Mark Peryer||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Eng. Lead|
Team Values and Norms
AttendanceBe present and on time to all meetings. If you are going to be late or absent please let the team know as soon as possible and determine how/when to go over what was missed and/or give the rest of the team the information needed for that day if possible.
PerformanceContribute your part to the team and make sure it is always your best work. Come to meetings prepared and ready to give the team your best efforts. If there is anything that will interfere with meeting these expectations, please reach out for help as soon as possible.
EthicsAll work completed by team members will follow the RIT KGCOE Code of Ethics.
ProfessionalismHandle all citation situations correctly, and give credit to the right source when applicable. Always be honest with your team and own up to any problems so that the team can handle them together in a timely manner.
ReliableAll team members are able to count on one another to get their work done when needed. If anything is preventing them from finishing their work, team members are able to reach out to one another for assistance. Also try to respond to team members in a timely fashion, responding to texts, calls, or emails within 24 hours unless told ahead of time they will not be available (for example, going out of town for a few days).
DecisionsThe team will try to come to an agreement on all topics. However, if all team members cannot make a decision then the decision will be made by the majority. If the outcome is a tie then we will get the opinions of our Guide (Marty) and two costumers (Victoria and Chris).
DocumentationTeam members will utilize the EDGE website and document all ideas within that page. Members are also able to use things like logbooks and the google drive team folder as long as all final ideas are submitted to EDGE.
Project Plans & Schedules
The current project plan is shown below.
For each risk category, the following risks have been identified.
- Servo motor burns out.
- Algorithm gets unexpected input and doesnï¿½t handle properly.
- Mirrorï¿½s support moves/breaks when assembly turns.
- Mirrors do not align properly.
- Servo motor overturns past given tolerance.
- K-mirror assembly doesnï¿½t fit in telescope.
- System does not interface well with existing instrumentation.
- Motors are not powerful enough to rotate assembly.
- Drivetrain canï¿½t hold k-mirror assembly steady/in place while telescope moves.
- Difficulty finding a room to fit and test k-mirror assembly.
- Victoria leaves and we donï¿½t get the algorithm sheï¿½s designing for us.
- Lose access to lab big enough to hold assembly.
- Lack of budget to acquire all necessary parts for assembly.
- Lack of time to resolve any issues.
- Timeline of receiving mirrors.
- Collaboration with other universities could induce lag time in questions being answered.
- Team member(s) gets sick and cannot attend meetings.
- Any work done in machine shop.
- Injury transporting k-mirror assembly.
- Exposure to high voltage.
- Heavy structural elements (maybe mirrors) fall on toes during assembly/manufacturing.
- Power cables to motor isnï¿½t properly insulated and electrocutes someone.
- Body part getï¿½s caught/trapped during assembly rotation.
- When in telescope, assembly over-rotates and damages other equipment.
- Test frame collapses.
- Cryostat leaks from system failure.
Other Team Resources
- Planned meeting spaces
- MSD Design Center
- Center for Detectors (CfD) Conference Room
- Planned build & test space
- CfD Lab
Meeting Minutes, Notes, & Actions
Meeting minutes are listed below.