Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
|Project Manager||Liz Lysack|
|Project Lead||Alex Boulger|
|EDGE Manager||Matt Sychtysz|
|EDGE Manager||Joshua Rosas|
|Procurer/ Budgeter Parts||Alex Schuyler|
Team Values and Norms
Attendance: All team members are
expected to show up on time to all meetings and design
reviews. They are also expected to arrive at team
meetings ready to participate. If a team member will
not be able to make the meeting or will be late, he or
she must provide a reason prior to the scheduled.
Decision Making: All major team
decisions will be made by vote and will be binding.
Conflict Resolution: If any obvious
lack of group work is noticed, leads will resolve
situations through brief conversations with that
Documentation: Each team member is
expected to record their assigned tasks and upload the
corresponding documents to EDGE.
Communication Plan: There are
scheduled bi-weekly meeting with the customer (Tuesdays
@ 4pm), the Electrical Team meets on Thursdays @
1:30pm, and the Mechanical Team meets Mondays @2:30pm.
The group will also remain in constant communication
through GroupMe and Trello.
Project Plans & SchedulesAll schedules will be located in the Project Management folder located here
Document Owner: Liz Lysack
Risk Assessment and Growth CurvesAll risk will be assessed each phase and will update over time.
For a link to active document here Document Owner: Joshua Rosas
Other Team Resources
- Team Meeting
- Tuesday 1:30-2:00pm MSD Space
- EE/CE Meeting Time
- Thursday 1:30-2:00pm MSD Space
- ME Meeting Time
- Monday 1:30pm MECE PC Lab
- Team Meeting
- Communication Methods
- GroupMe (For general announcements and status updates)
- Email for official communications with customer and team guide
- Build and Test Space
- Brinkman Lab
Peer ReviewsAfter each phase review all team members will conduct a peer review. The following chart below list out the criteria used to asses our peers.
|Unsatisfactory||Needs Improvement||Meets Expectations||Exceeding Expectations|
|The team member is absent throughout most of the phase. Does not participate and plays a bystander role.||Team member interacts in 1 or 2 meetings. Does not communicate assignments or due dates well.||Team member is present at meetings and communicates all ideas with the group.||Team member is always respectful and is comfortable with assigned tasks and due dates.|
After each peer review, team members are held accountable
for selecting one item of constructive criticism.
At the end of phase, team members are responsible for improving on one piece of feedback and reporting back to the group about their progress.
If a team member is performing exceptionally poor, we will resort to our team guide for conflict resolution and creating a plan of action.
- RIT is our customer and Gary Werth is our faculty
- Contact with our customer will be communicated
through our project manager, Liz Lysack
- Contact with our customer will be communicated through our project manager, Liz Lysack
- Liz will be responsible for upholding communication
within the team and delegating tasks within each phase
- All members will be contacted through a group chat service called GroupMe
- If email is required, all team members and our faculty guide, Gary, will be CC'd.
- Team will communicate and address any other issues
during our dedicated meeting time on Tue/Thu from
- If there is an urgent matter, anyone can be reached using the GroupMe chat service.
- For official communications between customer, email will be used, and everyone will be copied.
- Trello will be used to document completed tasks and pending assignments.