Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffDuring this phase, the team:
- Created multiple proposed layouts
- Created "heat maps" and Muther charts based on survey and MRP data (Note: Muther is an author; his name refers to a methodology he invented called Systematic Layout Planning, or SLP, which he presented in his textbook in 1973)
- Discussed results of surveys with the customer and how it impacts the overall layout
Test Results Summary
At this point in the project, it is time to handoff all of the information gathered, and files created to Company X. This package handed off to them includes:
- Proposed Layouts of the Facility
- Multiple Heat Map and Muther Chart files
- Summary report of the survey results
The company was pleased with the results of the project and the deliverables. They plan to use all of the deliverables to help guide them through the rest of their expansion project. The team wishes that they had more time, but proposed a good foundation for the company to build from. The most valuable diagram that the group provided to the company was the block diagram that grouped multiple departments together based on the strength of the relationships between the departments. With more time, the team would have:
- Completed more layout options
- Taken more gemba walks
- Talked with floor workers about proposed layouts
- Had the surveys open for a longer period of time
Risk and Problem TrackingAt this point, all risks have been mitigated except for the risk that proposed solutions are not suitable for all shifts. This is due to the time constraint of the project.
The statuses for customer and engineering requirements can be seen below.
Final Project Documentation
- Our technical paper can be accessed here.
- Our team's final poster can be accessed here.
Functional Demo Materials
To conclude, all of the design review materials can be accessed below.