Preliminary Detailed Design
See original documents in the Detailed Design Documents file.
Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design PhaseThe team planned for the following during this phase:
- Further understand the model
- Start developing a proof of concept system
- Basic interface
- Have interface interact with a linear model
- Have interface display results
- Continue gaining customer insights
The team was able to create a functioning architecture for the system but made less progress on the model than anticipated.
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, Simulation
The activities of this type that pertain to us are mostly getting very familiar with the research paper that is a foundation for this effort, talking with prospective users at the U of R and Rochester General, and getting reacquainted with the OR tools we learned in OR during our 3rd year. Liam has been focused on learning how to make this tool work in a web environment.
Prototyping has begun on the software. We are starting with a very basic system that functions and we hope to add features with each iteration of prototyping.
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, SimulationsWe are compiling pseudo-code, code, and other information and schematics as we work through the project.
PurposeIn the end we hope to have workable code, that has been tested, reviewed with prospective users, and properly tested.
- We will be developing a software design that reflects the needed functionality
Input and Source
- Selected Concepts
- Feasibility Models
- System design and interface definitions
Output and Destination
- Complete hierarchy of design files from system level down to components
- Parts list
- Software design that specifies coding requirements
- Test plans, including expected performance vs. requirement and any applicable test standards (e.g., ASTM)
Bill of Material (BOM)This project does not require the use of any hardware. However a PC is required with the following necessary software packages:
- Python with access to Pyomo, Django, and Celery packages
- GLPK solver installed on server
- RabbitMQ installed and running on server
PurposeWe will be demonstrating the degree to which the Engineering Requirements are satisfied
- We are working on test plans
Inputs and Source
- Engineering Requirements
- Feasibility Models - we are targeting being able to handle certain sizes of data sets (rows and columns)
Outputs and Destination
- We have ideas regarding testing that we are working on
Design and FlowchartsOur coding related deliverables continue to expand in number and depth
- We discuss risks and amend our plan in each phase
- Our current risk assessment live document.
Design Review MaterialsPresentation
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items
Plans for next phaseBy the Detailed Design Review on December 7th, the following should be accomplished:
- Rewrite of the model in Pyomo
- Write more unit tests
- Finish account creation process in GUI
- We do individual and team planning; some documented, some verbal (we are a small team so the verbal approach works better for us than it might for a 6 or 7 person team (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)