Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
The files related to the code side of the project are located at our GitHub for the project link.
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test PhaseTaylor and Dan met with the MSD Team Assignment Process Improvement group to gain more insight on current scheduling problems. They also met with PhD student Nick Morris to discuss how the process of modeling a complex problem like the resident problem should be tackled. And they actually built code and it works!
Liam got more of the user credentials and server setup ironed out at before the demo in week 6.
Test Results Summary
Our test plan has not changed since last module. We are at a point where the testing plans are going to actually be useful as Taylor and Dan finish developing the model. Once the modeling part is done, the team can find test subjects and have them try the system and provide feedback.
Risk and Problem TrackingWhile developing the code for the model, the team stumbled upon the user documentation for Pyomo which has become a fantastic resource for troubleshooting. The largest takeaway from this documentation is that Pyomo can actually handle sets of sets which was our largest concern while looking at limitations of Pyomo over AMPL.
Functional Demo MaterialsTaylor:
- Used the Feb18.py and Feb.dat files to go over how her progress on developing the model was. And she went over the pseudo-code document that Dan and her developed to help understand the process behind how the model was going to function.
- Used the Phase-1.py and DataFile.xlsx to demonstrate how the model would be interfacing with and interpreting Excel files.
- Demonstrated the current iteration of the website/interface. And the files for the website are maintained here.
Plans for next phaseTaylor:
- Plans to have the majority of the modeling done by week 10. She's currently at a small subset of the overall problem and needs to expand the the model to reflect the whole problem.
- Plans on having the data input and results formatting figured out for the week 10 demo.
- Plans on getting the few remaining interface requirements ironed out by week 10. And he also to will begin making sure that the modeling parts of the project integrate correctly with the existing system architecture.