P19001: Wearable Interface/public/
Planning & Execution
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsIf the DEXT is successful the team is considering filing for a provisional patent. This patent will belong to the team and customer. As the team and customer plan is to sell their working model to a more established company rather than look into a start-up.
- Facilitate team coordination and identify lacking capabilities.
- Establish good practice of structured, coordinated documentation.
Inputs and Source
- Skills - team and guides.
- Expertise - SMEs.
Outputs and DestinationDocument of team capabilities and resources that can be accessed later.
Team Values and Norms
Project Plans & SchedulesVincent was in charge of updating the team schedule. The current updated schedule can be seen here.
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
Other Team ResourcesYour team may have other resource requirements. With your customer and guide, your team should identify:
- Planned meeting space (default is MSD Design Center)
- Planned build & test space (e.g., Design Center, EE Senior Design Lab, CE Projects Lab, ME Machine Shop, Brinkman Lab, other faculty lab on campus, onsite at customer location, etc.)
- Any RIT or customer safety training required to use
- RIT Training may include, for example: lab/studio safety, fire safety, laser safety, hazardous waste management, radiation safety, gas cylinder training, shop safety
- Full list of available RIT courses is available here. If you have an external customer, they may require additional training.
Meeting Minutes, Notes, & ActionsMSD I & II. Maintain a record of team/guide meetings. This includes discussion, action items, decisions made, and work assigned.
CommunicationAs the customer is the Team Leader, communication with the customer Willow Baker is much simpler and does not need to be documented out or scheduled.
Project ReviewsGate Reviews
Home | Planning & Execution | Imagine RIT
Problem Definition | Systems Design | Preliminary Detailed Design | Detailed Design
Build & Test Prep | Subsystem Build & Test | Integrated System Build & Test | Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation